Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Jours soixante-neuf et soixante-dix

...began by booking this trip:
Do you know where this is? It's okay if you don't; you'll know soon enough. We are so excited!
And then the usual Monday, which we all love, but has been reported many a time on this thing.
But then...Tuesday came along. And do you know what Tuesday brought?
Versailles!

Now, play this song from the "Marie Antoinette" soundtrack while you read on:
"Avril 14" by Aphex Twin

The sun finally found it's way back to Paris and we were so lucky to go to Versailles on this incredibly gorgeous day.
The inside was beautiful, and fancy, and deserves more credit than I can give it because I was distracted by...The indescribably meticulous and liberating grounds surrounding the palace. I don't think the grounds ever really end. It seems like they go on for miles and miles, of just beauty and complete silence.
I just wanted to build myself a little cottage among these trees and stay for a while.
It really didn't feel like King Louis' royal grounds. It felt like I was in a Jane Austen novel, and Elizabeth Bennett and I have never been better friends.
After leaving the fantasy, we ended up back in Paris. Following dinner, our host dad took us on a night drive tour of the city of lights! Paris, by car, is so fast. Maybe too fast. But with the heater on, and classic Jazz tunes playing in the background, we were so happy. We basically saw everything we have seen thus far, but this time in 2 hours instead of 60 days. This too was beautiful, in it's own way. Like the fact that the Eiffel Tower does this every hour:
We braved the cold to snap a photo or two at Trocadèro.Then home for much awaited sleep and sweet dreams of living in a palace. or Paris.
(dream come true!)

A demain,

b


3 Comments:

Blogger Derek and Amanda said...

Wow wow wow wow. Berit. This is incredible. Those grounds are so amazing. And the beautiful Eiffel tower. Oh I'm so jealous. I want to go someday. I'm considering hiring you as my guide since the confusion might stress me out. You're amazing. Miss you tons today.

November 18, 2010 at 10:03 AM  
Blogger Hillary said...

Your pictures are incredible! It looks beautiful! I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU TO GO TO ROME!!

November 22, 2010 at 7:51 AM  
Blogger Jordan P said...

pretty amazing! marie antoinette actually did build herself a cottage there which is funny. but i love that song- thanks! does it feel like the past few months have gone by in the blink of an eye?!

November 22, 2010 at 9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home